Digital Marketing Strategy + Branding Case Study
I was sub-contracted by a local social media consultant to help strategize the launch of a top real estate group's expanded digital marketing plan.
The group is one of the top-selling real estate teams in the Washington Metro area, but was approaching their multi-million dollar business growth with outdated cold calling and word of mouth marketing efforts.
I devised a multi-tiered digital strategy that included a complete visual re-brand, new photoshoots to update the team's image and create a library of thousands of pictures for use in social media posts to support a regular posting schedule, and a streamlined digital presence that made funneling more productive.
The team's existing email efforts were scattered and uncohesive, so our strategy also included a regular newsletter campaign schedule to keep potential clients aware of all new listings and sales, in addition to live events, open houses, and other opportunities to interact with the team.
To differentiate the group within the market, we dreamt up a lifestyle blog to establish the brand as a community-centered organization offering original content featuring local businesses and neighborhoods.
Because Instagram is a relatively untapped platform within the Real Estate industry, we decided to forge ahead with an Instagram-heavy strategy that set the team apart from the competition and allowed for rapid audience growth and engagement beyond the team's already-established facebook community.
CREATE A CENTRAL, UNIFIED BRAND PRESENCE TO REPRESENT THE 7 INDIVIDUAL SELLERS AS A TEAM + COMBINE REACH
- Prior to the re-brand each team member marketed their own listings only to their personal pre-existing networks. This meant a disjointed visual and functional operation, with room for opportunities to fall through the cracks because they weren't being marketed to the team's combined network. The goal of the rebrand was to help the team not just look like one unified presence, but operate like one, too.
ESTABLISH THE TEAM'S INSTAGRAM PRESENCE AND DIFFERENTIATE THE BUSINESS AS A HIGH-END LUXURY LIFESTYLE BRAND
- The team had an existing Instagram profile which was sporadically updated and not cohesively branded. It garnered almost no traffic and the team was losing potential leads to competitors who maximized their reach in the space. As the highest-ranking team in their brokerage, we set out to identify the team as leaders in the space whose online presence reflects their power and influence in the market.
STREAMLINE MARKETING PRACTICES TO TRANSITION AWAY FROM COLD-CALLING AND TOWARD MAXIMIZING SOCIAL MEDIA TECHNOLOGY FOR LEAD GENERATION + CONVERSION
- The team's existing marketing plan centered on cold-calling and literal door-knocking. Most of the annual multi-million dollar sales came from clients already connected to the sellers. We developed a cross-platform social media plan that focused on bringing their regular live-events online and showcased the team's personality in addition to their properties.
CREATE A BRANDED LIFESTYLE BLOG TO HOST ORIGINAL CONTENT AND CROSS-PROMOTE THE BRAND WITHIN LOCAL INDUSTRIES
- Most real estate professionals market industry know-how and have blogs full of dry information highlighting best practices and legalese. We established a lifestyle blog featuring the team and their partners to incorporate original, creative content designed to appeal to the desired target market's interest neighborhood-specific articles and drive engagement when scheduled across all platforms.
ESTABLISH A REGULAR NEWSLETTER SCHEDULE
- The team had an existing list and a rich database of MLS contacts which was going underutilized. Our strategy was to establish a strategic newsletter schedule rotating regular blasts for new listings, sold properties, open houses/live events, and featured content cross-promotion.
Photoshoot/ Visual Rebrand
I conceptualized, coordinated, and produced a multi-day photoshoot to create a library of visual assets to reflect the client's rebrand as the leading area experts in high-end, luxury real estate. A local lifestyle photographer was hired to shoot various spaces to portray the team as the knowledgable, approachable experts that they are. The images were employed for use in print marketing materials, PR opportunities, blog features and to unify the team's social media presence.
INSTAGRAM BEFORE STRATEGY EMPLOYED
INSTAGRAM AFTER STRATEGY EMPLOYED
* INSTAGRAM FOLLOWERS MORE THAN DOUBLED FROM 515 TO 1,255 BETWEEN APRIL 1 AND JULY 1 2018 (CURRENT FOLLOWER COUNT AS OF 12/1/18: 2,784)
* INSTAGRAM PROFILE VIEW COUNT INCREASED FROM 57 TOTAL PROFILE VIEWS IN MARCH 2018 TO 767 TOTAL VIEWS IN JULY 2018, AN INCREASE OF OVER 1200%
* THE TEAM GARNERED BONAFIDE LEADS VIA IT'S INSTAGRAM NETWORKING EFFORTS, AND EXPERIENCED AN INCREASE IN EFFECTUAL RESPONSE TO THEIR EMAIL OUTREACH EFFORTS